Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Travis Week 7 - Por Su Luz

Hola mi familia y todos los otros cheles que esten leyendo este

All right. Where to begin. It has been a pretty interesting week so hold on to your shorts and get ready. But first off, things might be a little/really quick. Due to a large number of very strange and coincidental reasons, we are writing late. Ít´s all good. ´We´re with permiso and everything, just have to type like the wind.

First thing notable happened lunes [Monday] right after I wrote you all last time. So all that day and sunday too, our neighbors had been cutting down a ton of trees next to the house. I didn´t think much of it. Boy was I tonto (dumb). So that night I was chillin front of the fan and taking off the shoes when I see something out of the corner of my eye. Around the corner of the wall I saw the shadow of something very big. At first I thought it was a cherrepo or lizard. There are a ton and its very normal to see them. When I stood up though, to my greatest displeasure I saw a big, brown spider as big as my hand. That is in no way an exxageration. As big as my hand. Of course I yelled at my comp, we took a picture, and then killed it as fast as humanly possible. Unfortunately, my comp deleted the picture by accident and no longer have the evidence. Needless to say, I did not sleep well that night. Then the next night as I went hunting for any other giant spiders, I looked in the corner of the room and saw a giant scorpion. Once again as big as my hand and once again not an exxageration. So once again, I yelled to my comp, we put on our shoes, took a picture, and killed it. I´m going to send a picture if the computer lets me. So we´ve checked every single space every night since for these things. Oh boy. Bienvenidos a Nicaragua. [Welcome to Nicaragua].

Also, this last Tuesday we said goodbye to Presidente Fraatz. It was a super sweet program with a ton of talks, gifts, music and everything. The works. And then Presidente told us all where we were slacking, how we needed to improve, and then got us super animated all in one go. He has done so much for the work and Nicaragua, its incredible. Mas o menos 13,000 baptisms in three years. Holy cow. I´m super excited for how Nicaragua´s going to be in the next three years.

The other coolest thing in the world was our Baptism this Saturday. You all remember Michael? Well, he got wet this Saturday and is super excited even still. I had the chance to baptize him and he told me afterword that he felt fresh but not just because he was dripping wet but fresh in every sense of the word. Then the next Sunday he even came to church with a white shirt and tie. Out here that means the world. We have been incredibly blessed to see him baptized. It was like the Lord said, here you go and that was it. And that´s basically how it works too. Most of the time, you have to work a little harder but many times the Lord just surprises you. And that´s the best part. This is the Church of Jesus Christ. And of nobody else. I know it´s true with all my heart. I know the Book of Mormon is true and that its the word of God. How can I know? I know because I´ve read it and I´ve prayed about. I love the Gospel and I´m super excited for this next week. There´ll be miracles for sure.

I love you all. I miss you all. I miss hamburgers too. I really miss hamburgers.

Con amor,
Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment