Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Nicaragua Week 7 - Vamos [we go]

...just kidding. No vamos.


Turns out Elder Lopez and I are staying in Sabana Grande after all. Calls came in on Tuesday that neither of us should pack our things. I´m good with that though. Elder Lopez is a good missionary and Sabana Grande is just getting ready for miracles. So I´m pretty sure it means Mision Nicaragua Managua Norte for this ingrato.

Anyways, what happened this week? Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Am I clear enough. We have been once again soaked all week. But´s its all good. We still keep on keepin on and I´m good with that. It just means very wet and muddy shoes. But it was all worth it in the end.

This Saturday, we baptized this kid named Byron Jose. And I got to do it, but I only did it once this time :) He´s this studly little kid that always comes to church and sits right next to me every time. What´s more exciting is that with a miracle we´ll be able to baptize the rest of the family. They´re a little crazy and that´s why I say miracle but we´re in Nicaragua and miraglos happen all the time. I´ll have pictures next week. Forgot the cord today.

Anyways, we´ve been teaching Fares´ Brother, named Michael. He´s getting baptized this Saturday and it´s really cool. First off he used to be bago. So he´s seen some pretty crazy stuff (that´s about all of Nicaragua so I should say he´s been involved with some pretty crazy stuff.) He was even shot in the foot and barely walks now. But he´s way positive and just wants a complete change. He practically teaches us. Where we usually leave 3 Nefi 11 for people to read and they usually read only a couple verses. Michael reads 1 Nefi, 2 Nefi... on and on to 3 Nefi. I´m super stoked to see him baptized this Saturday.

More about bagos. We´ve been teaching a friend of Fares named Erik. He´s only eighteen but he´s done some really crazy stuff. He´s been hacked at with a machete, shot in the stomach, killed somebody, but wants to change really bad. And so we´ve been teaching him. We´re working incredibly hard with him cuz for him to be baptized which he wants, he has to comletely change, appearance and everything. He is the picture of Fares I sent last week if you want to see him. So we´re working really hard for him, and I know we´ll be seeing Miracles. We already have.

So I don´t have much time today cuz I had to write back to a lot of letters but I love you all and love hearing from you.

Just a few things first: Happy Birthday to Grandma Lois and anybody else. If I forgot you its cuz I don´t know anybody´s birthday. I just found out it was Grandma´s. I´ll work on that I promise. [If you want Travis to remember your birthday-send him a letter and tell him when it is ;) ]

Happy Father´s Day to my Dad. Dads are unbelievably rare down here. And good Dads are one in a million, so all you with good dads be grateful. Also, be jealous. My Dad is awesome. He won a Triathalon just to prove it.

Anyways that's all,

Adio
Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment