Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Travis - Week 5: ?Que Pasa Calabasa?

Hola familia!

Como estan? Well I am officially half way through the MTC! Crazy right? Things are going great here. I just got back from the Temple which always leaves you in a good mood. We go every Prep Day in the morning so it's always a highlight of the week.

Well, I guess I'll just go over the week and start there. On Wednesday, we had another new district grace our zone so naturally we got to show them around. It's always nice to be able to be the "experienced missionary." This time it was better though, seeing as we only had 8 instead of 29 new missionaries to take care of. Probably, the next most exciting thing though was conference. Wow, it was awesome this time. If you didn't get a chance to watch it, go online and check it out. The act of sitting in a chair for ten hours over the weekend was thrilling in and of itself, but when it got to the end, I was a little sad because it was so good.

Yesterday was also a little interesting. Our district finally had our first Dia de Ayuno de Ingles (Day of Fast of English). It was a really good experience to be able to practice so much. Although I feel really strongly about my Spanish when talking to other gringos, sometimes I'll get talking to natives and be crushed at my complete inadequacy (They speak really fast and everyone with a different accent.) Imagine learning English and then moving to Georgia. I'm pretty sure that's what Nicaragua will be like. But still, I love the language. English is usually an expression of information while Spanish is much more emotional. Subjunctive = Crazy.

Well, I don't have much more to share. I love getting your letters and plan to write some letters while doing laundry so keep an eye out. Also, that package was greatly appreciated! I love you all, and hope you all have an awesome week!

Su misionero,
Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment