Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Travis- Week 6: Hola Hola Cocacola

Hola Familia!

Well, I have been here for six weeks. Can you believe it? Time is flying by. Well, let me catch you up on anything you may have missed from the MTC in the past week. Let's see... Elder Hughes and I have been teaching a lot which has been way cool. It's good to get more in depth into what I'll actually be doing. We're basically teaching teachers who act as investigators, but it's still amazing to feel the Spirit and then get feedback on where to improve and such. Also, the zone has been going well too. We actually just sent off some advanced groups that we welcomed as Zone Leaders. I feel like a MTC veteran now. This can sometimes drive you a little crazy, because you've been sitting and studying in class for six weeks straight but in only three more weeks, I will be in the Land of Lakes and Volcanoes. Can't wait!

So here's my letter stories. I hadn't received any letters from my sister in forever so I just figured she was too busy taking over my room to write. But last night I received a five page long letter of lots of letters combined. So now I feel loved again :) which means all is right in the world again. There is also one tiny little thing I need to address.

DJ STRINGHAM, YOU STUD!!!!!!! I AM SOOOO STOKED!!!!!!!! CHILE! VIÑA DEL MAR!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!

For any of you who don´t know. Elder Stringham here is going to be an absolutely amazing missionary. He´s going to seriously blow them away in Chile. Also, he calmed my fears. I was worried that he would be sent Portuguese speaking which would have killed me. I guess our Spanish will have to over come our Brazilian friends, verdad?

Anyways, I've been having to learn how to deal with some Insomnia problems. Nothing too serious, but I have been taking a rediculously long time to get to sleep and then waking up a billion times at night. This has been rough, but I'm pretty grateful for it cuz it's helped me to sharpen my focus. You just have to keep pushing on through, no? I've been trying to focus on one thing when the rough moments come along and that's to just Press Forward in Faith. It's really been a motto to me, and makes the rough days seem just normal, and the good days amazing.

I also, just want to say that I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I've prayed about it and I know it. I know it will help anybody who's willing to open its pages. I've seen it in my life. I've seen in the lives of investigators, the teachers playing those investigators, and I know you'll see it in yours. This is the Church of Jesus Christ. What a wonderful name to have. I love you all and wish you the best week. 'Til then, keep in touch!

Con Amor,
Elder Harris

PS. I'm planning on writing everyone back during Laundry today.

Ciao Pesca'o!
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment